• takes all reasonable care for the health and safety of employees at work, as well as visitors and the general public;
• complies with all relevant legislative requirements.
Where an appropriate statute does not exist, the Company will implement standards to reflect its commitment to OH&S and employee welfare;
• establishes measurable objectives and targets aimed at eliminating work related injury and illness;
• maintains a proactive approach to the identification of hazards, assessment and effective control of associated risks;
• promotes systems that will minimise risk;
• consults with and provides appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision that enables a consistently high standard of OH&S to all employees, contractors and visitors;
• holds all managers, supervisors, employees and contractors accountable for OH&S performance in their daily activities, where identified as practicable and reasonable to do so;
• seeks continuous improvement in OH&S performance through rigorous examination of all activities, practices and incidents, ongoing monitoring, auditing and review of management systems, and appraisal and analysis of performance standards;
• will, in the event of a work related injury, facilitate effective claims management and rehabilitation assistance;
• provides appropriate site induction for all new and existing employees, contractors and visitors to sites; and
• effectively implements this OH&S Policy with the aim of becoming an industry leader in OH&S performance.
This policy will be reviewed on at least a three yearly cycle and evaluated for its effectiveness in delivering policy objectives and improved OH&S performance.